The first quarter of this year has ended and it’s time to review my new year resolutions and evaluate how I’m doing on each of the resolutions.
- Stop procrastinating (this should be priority number one every day of my life) – I’m getting there. Better than before but not yet satisfactory. (3/5)
- Spend more time with my kids, engaged with them, not just being home – Started off quite well but lost steam. (1/5)
- Resume exercise, after a four months break – Had started hitting the gym three days a week but lost motivation. Have resumed after a break. (1/5)
- Write a post on this blog every week and focus on what interests me most – technology-based learning – Getting better and trying. (2/5)
- Learn PHP – Changed goal. Learning css-based Web design first.
- Learn Economics (I manage the technology projects for Economics in my company so it makes sense to know the subject matter) – Had started but changed goal to learning about the current recession. (2/5)
- Work on the prototype for a Web 2.0 learning product – Have started with learning web design. (1/5)
- Improve focus (on personal as well as professional things) – Not much improvement. (1/5)
- Not waste time (I don’t waste much time anyway but …) – Not sure how I’m doing on this one. Same as before. (3/5)
Overall, my self evalulation resulted in my realizing how poorly I’m doing on my new year resolutions. The good news is that I have not dropped any resolution, which means I still have a pretty strong chance of scoring 5/5 by the end of this year.